Thursday, August 11, 2022

Waterfalls 1 - North Carolina - Day 1 - To Ashville

 What goes up must come down :-) My previous blog was on driving from West Palm Beach to Columbus, now I have to come back to West Palm Beach. This time I made the trip so I could enjoy the waterfalls in North Caroline and the Great Smoky Mountains a bit. I planned out the trip for about 5 days drive. 

First day would be to just get to Asheville, NC. Nothing exciting about that leg of the journey, except a Trump follower holding up the FBI office on gunpoint near Cincinnati and causing a massive traffic backup on I-71. Ugh!! Had to take a detour through countryside to get back on the highway. All in all we did not lose much time and also got to see the beautiful farmland of Ohio.

So here is the trip from Asheville to Dillard. After Dillard, it was just a drive through Atlanta to WPB. Nothing that exciting so I will finish that part in one blog entry.



The goal was to see waterfalls, so I planned some detours and some long routes to make sure we see as many waterfalls as possible.

Some good weblinks:

No comments:

Post a Comment