Thursday, October 3, 2024

Norway Fjords/Sweden - Sweden Last Day

Last day in Sweden which is not really a full day. I just have to get up and get to the airport. Even that turned out adventurous.

I was ready for breakfast by 6:55 am. I did have a cup of tea and toast before leaving for the Central Station. The walk to Arlanda Express was just about 10 mins. I of course went right instead of going straight, so I turned around and went back. All well and good. The train was leaving in 5 mins so I reached at great time at 7:20 am. Reached airport in under 20 mins. 

The airport security was a long line, but it moved quickly - no taking off shoes, no taking out laptop! All done. My boarding pass said D18 but it was not showing up on the main display board. There was another flight going to NY and so I went to F72. I had just sat and decided to check again and realized that now my flight was on the board and it said "take shuttle from F gates to D24. And I realized that I had to go to D gates. I followed the signs and went through security, where the lady called the bus to take me to the D gate. It took 20 mins, but as I was waiting I heard my flight being called to fill at D18 gate. I got there in good time by 9:30 am (flight time is 10:20 am). 

It was quite crowded. I don't know why my ticket was flagged but they made me wait 15 mins for no reason. Anyway, it all worked out, and I boarded the flight. I gave up my exit row seat because it was right next to the toilets and the smell was bothering me. I slept just a bit and watched movies the entire way to NY. Things moved smoothly in NY JFK airport and came to find my gate. I did have to check in carry on as usual. They let me board early - why? Who knows?? Watched Tracker on the plane. It's a good show.

Got home by 7:30 pm. Took a shower, made tea and just sat for a while. It was nice to be home. I feel like I don't remember anything I did during the trip :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment