Sunday, December 30, 2018

Costa Rica - Day 6 - Catamaran Tour


Last day in Costa Rica. We had to check out by 12 pm and then the cruise bus will pick us up at 1 pm. Breakfast was the same. I had scrambled eggs today. 

It was a lazy morning. I packed my stuff so I could rest easy.  All the others packed at the last minute. We kept our luggage in the storage. The tour bus arrived promptly at 1pm and it was full. It took us about an hour to board the catamaran. It was a nice port area and a really nice boat also. The restrooms were neat and clean. They served fruit and crackers first. The drinks were open the whole time. We drank a lot of drinks (all non alcoholic – I don’t know how people drink so much alcohol).

After about an hour of boating the boat stopped near the Manuel park for snorkeling. I was thinking I was going to miss snorkeling, but I could not have done it – they had to swim out a bit and I don’t think I could have swam that comfortably. There was also a place from the boat where people could just jump off the boat into the water.  And there were slides off the boat. Lots of fun for about 40 mins. They set up dinner meanwhile. I was among the first ones to get it! Pasta, rice, some great sauce and salad. It was good food and enough.
The boat turned around to go back. We went around the park – saw some birds, some dolphins. So cool! And finally the sunset. As usual – just beautiful. With the sunset I can feel our trip coming to an end also. I am glad the kids went snorkeling. There was a shower on the boat so they could get the salty water off.
The drive back to the hotel was uneventful. I changed into something more travel sensible and soon our driver came to pick us up to drop us to the airport. There was a lot of traffic going out of Manuel, and since its only a one lane road, it was little slow moving, but we had plenty of time to get to the airport.

This last van was possibly the worst one they sent, but it was still okay.  Check in was easy enough and we had some snacks to eat before going through security.

As soon as we passed security we came to this huge shop! It was about 12 am and the shop was open with customers/tourists shopping. We strolled to our gate, taking pictures on the way of interesting sculptures. Boarding was seamless. We were absolutely at the back of the plane. Little rocky flight, but we got to Fort Lauderdale right on time!

What a nice trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment