Sunday, June 16, 2002

South India Tour - Bangalore

16 June - Bangalore 

Reached Bangalore at about 7:30 am. Walked to the hotel and took bath.  Decided to eat a mango that Papa had bought. (Bad idea!!) I felt sick a little later – nauseated…maybe the heat, the tiredness and the heat of the mango was all a bad combination. I could not have anything beyond coffee for breakfast. 

Today was touring Bangalore day. First we went to Vidhan Sabha. Huge building, really pretty red color. Across from there was the High Court and across from there was Cubbon Park. 
Vidhan Sabha
High Court
We walked through the park to get to Lal Bagh. It is a beautiful botanical garden. We went past a temple, a glass house and a dead fountain to get to the rose garden. The roses were still blooming. Beautiful. And the aroma was lovely.

Rose Garden
From there we took an auto to some big street. A huge market are, mostly high end shops. Walked up to MG Road where there was a huge Kaveri store. It was a good store, but either the things were too pricey or too big.  The sandalwood did not smell like sandalwood. We then came to Majestic Circle (Kempe Gowda Circle).  Papa wanted to show some shops but both Bhaiya and I were tired. So we came back to the lodge to rest for a while. But the lift was on its 12-1pm break, so as tired as we were, we had to climb five flight of stairs to our room.

I slept through lunch and when Papa and Bhaiya came back at 2 pm from lunch.  Then they slept and I was up! At 4 pm Papa and I went down for coffee. I wanted to eat some samosas but Papa insisted on getting vadas. Sure.  I ate it, but I should not have. I fell sick again. An hour later we took the bus to Jai Nagar. There was a place there called “Dosa Camp”. It was 6 pm and Bhaiya and I were totally not happy.  Papa did not even tell us where we were going…and then he let me eat vada just two hours before…oh Lord! Maybe he was disappointed that we did not eat, but we could not. 

Came back to the hotel and I had some Papaya – good stuff! Until now, we had not needed another room since Bhaiya and I were not really staying in Bangalore, so now we took one more room for one night. Tomorrow evening we leave for Hyderabad.

17 June - Bangalore 

Vacated one of the rooms and moved baggage into the one bed room as we have to take the evening train out of Bangalore. Went for breakfast, I was feeling a lot better today – thank god! I can eat. I had set dosas….yummy.  Also had kesri bhat – too good! Of course it had a lot of ghee.

Went to the bus station and went to IIT Bangalore campus, also called Tata Institute. It is a huge campus. I feel like getting a job here! It had a nice campus feeling.  Students were walking around, buildings were very nice – all had an academic air to it. Walked inside the chemistry department. It was small, old looking but nice. The faculty list sadly did not have a single female faculty on it.

Went to Mahabaleshwaram to UCO Bank and then walked around. Really nice locality. I can live in Bangalore. Looking at all the market, fruits and veggies – it could be a good life. Stopped for a homeopathic doctor. Bought some lychee and then bought some girly things and then took the bus back to Majestic.

Stayed in hotel for the rest of the afternoon. Went for lunch, although I threw up later. Still not all that great then! In the evening went to the train station to get the Rajdhani to Hyderabad. Had good dinner and ice cream too. Time to sleep! And sleep I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment