Monday, July 27, 2015

The Oregon Diaries - Day 1

Reached Portland in the evening around 6 pm. The flight was quite uneventful. I had selected a window seat on my Southwest flight and I saw some amazing sights.....



Luggage came on time. Picked up a whole bunch of tourist information from near the luggage area. Took the MAX train to downtown ($5 for a one day pass). The train ride was good…I could see the traffic going by – a lot of it. I am glad I took the train. Got off at Skidmore station. It turns out that is the only station that is under the Burnside Bridge – so I had to haul my suitcase one floor up to the main road, then walk one block south to get the bus that would drop me closer to the hotel than walking 10 blocks!! All in all – got to Eastside Lodge all in one piece.  Settled in…it is a comfortable place, no coffee machine in the room though.

Used the rest of the time to go through tourist information and make plans for the two days. There were some things that were in the tourist book that were not on the web! Slept after 11pm even though I was still on Eastern Time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment