Sunday, July 26, 2015

The Oregon Diaries

For some reason I had always wanted to go to Oregon. So many people had told me its a beautiful state, so it had been on my mind. This year I was not planning to go to India, hence - perfect time to take a trip to Oregon.

My planning started in April when I started looking at the state map and tried to figure out how many days I would need in Oregon. It turns out I would need 10-12 days to do the entire state. Of course I might also go cuckoo driving all this much and seeing so many things. The best thing was to try and do the maximum in about 9-10 days. There is only one major airport in Oregon, Portland. The smart thing would be start and end in Portland.

Over the next two months, I did a lot of research on what to do in Oregon and made my tour. I made my flight and hotel bookings. The distances I was planning to drive were not that much, but I still needed time to look around, take it easy and then recover in the evening to start driving again next day. The only portion I left out was the southern and eastern most parts of Oregon.

The route was from
Portland (2 days, 3 nights)
-> Lincoln City (1 night) via Cannon Beach
-> North Bend (1 night) (north of Coos Bay)
-> Bend (3 nights) via Crater Lake
-> The Dalles (1 night)
-> Portland (1 night)

Luckily for me everything worked out beautifully and without any hitch with the driving or car or hotels. My camera worked great and my legs were amazingly strong for all the hiking I had to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment