Thursday, April 13, 2017

Thailand - Day 3 Similan Island

As usual, I got up early and got my stuff ready. After both of us were ready, we went downstairs to wait for the tour guy to pick us up. It was getting to be 20 mins later than the pickup time. Good thing we called the tour company from the hotel because there were two hotels of almost the same name and the bus guy went to pick us up there. But he came by 15 mins later. We still had plenty of time to get to our location.

The location was about 2 hrs away north of Phuket. The drive was nice, good to see country side. Once we reached the place we had breakfast there and got time to change. There were so many people there! There were about 7-8 bathroom for women to change/shower. We then looked into underwater camera rental – which was not available, so we bought a waterproof case. Prachi used it – good! because I could not think about taking my phone under water, case or no case.

After about 30-40 mins, we all got into our group boats, identified by our wrist bands. Each boat had about 25 tourists.  The fast boat then left the harbor and it took another 1 hour to reach our first island. This tour has about 4 islands. Our first stop in the middle of the sea was for snorkeling. Prachi had never snorkeled before, yet she was so adventurous about it. I was highly impressed! I jumped in also and snorkeled around. Got so lost in the underwater scene that I drifted far away from the boat. Uhg! The boat guys had to come and take both Prachi and I back to the boat, it was so far away and all the boats looked the same! Not good. I was a little embarrassed but…who cares!

Next stop was a pretty island where we had lunch. They had the most tasty vegetarian curry for us. The arrangement was not fancy, but food was great! We walked around the little beach for a while until it was time to go to Similan Island. This is the main tourist place. It was gorgeous! The color of the water is something else. Have never seen such blue water. We walked up the main rock to see the view from there. The walk was nice and the view from up there was spectacular.

We walked around the island taking pictures and then played a while in the ocean. It was just too pretty and I was in complete vacation mode.
On the way back, we stopped once more for snorkeling. This time, I did not venture far from the boat. 
The ride back was quite boring. Not much to look at. Once back to the dock, we all rushed to stand in line for showers. I wanted to get all the salt water off me. They had some nice snacks and drinks for us and ice cream! Then it was the two hour drive back to Phuket. Again, watched the beautiful country side. Got back around 9 pm or so. Could not do much that day.  I was tired!

No comments:

Post a Comment