Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Thailand - Day 8 Bangkok

Today Prachi is going to go to her place to bring the stuff she wants to send to her parents, so it’s a late morning for me. While she was gone (and she was gone early as her place is about one hour away). I took it easy. I could not also pack because I don’t know how much she is bringing. After she came back around 12 pm, I packed it all up.  We checked out. I left my luggage with the concierge and we went to visit one last temple – the marble temple.

This one was a little bit of a miss. First it took us a long time to get there, with the train and bus and all, then we could not find it and had to take a cab to get to it because I was so exhausted of walking and it was so hot at 1 pm. The temple was just okay. Nothing special.
We came back to the hotel and from there I had to take the train to the airport. I had selected that hotel because the train went directly to the airport. It was bittersweet leaving Prachi at the station. I so enjoyed our trip together and I felt like I was not quite done. And I know she felt the same way.

After about 40 mins ride, I was at the airport. I still had plenty of time to the flight. Check in etc was all easy enough. The airport was quite beautiful.
The flight was fine, however Air Asia has the worst chefs cooking for them. The food during both legs was inedible.

No comments:

Post a Comment