Thursday, August 6, 2015

The Oregon Diaries - Final Thoughts

Overall, my trip was great! I enjoyed all the wonderful, new and amazing things I saw: the mountains, the coast, the dunes, the flowers, the gardens, the waterfalls, painted hills, volcanic landscape and lush green tree landscape. Oregon surpassed my imagination of nature. The rivers were free flowing, clean and pretty. Their sound was so nice that I had to record it. I always would sit by them for a while. If I could - I would build my house near there. (Well my house is near a flowing canal!). 
I also did all the things I wanted to do and more. I walked the downtown of Portland, saw everything on my list, extra thing was the tram that I took. Then on the coast the dune buggy ride was a must for me! Except for a little time loss there, it was great! I wanted to have Tillamook ice cream and grilled cheese and I did. I drove everywhere that I could think of, or was possible. And I also got to do rafting! Despite that I could not get on the tour I really wanted, I still did it – the only regret is I have no photos because of the greediness of the Seventh Mountain people. But I have the experience in my mind forever and oh what fun it was!!

I ate everywhere I wanted to. I was not miser about it and honestly it was not that expensive at all. On average I think I spent about $15 per day – that may include all the chips, fruits and carrots I bought.
The drawbacks for me were: travelling solo and so not getting all the benefits I would have at certain places (like the buggy ride or the small hotel room); I had no one to share any of my experience with - I really missed having a loved one by my side. Kids do make it more enjoyable but then you are limited by how much you can do. But they do make it fun! Again, not much I can do there.

The other drawback for me was that I was doing everything all by myself. This can be very tiring. Sometimes I would have just like to sit back and enjoy the view. For me it was always a do or die issue…and since I am not planning on coming back anytime soon, I had to do it all.

But I did sit by the rivers and enjoy hearing the water flowing....here is one other one as a last homage to Oregon.......

No comments:

Post a Comment