Thursday, July 18, 2019

Montana Drive - Day 1


The day started with me getting up at 3:30 am, 30 mins before my alarm went off. Then what? I could not sleep. I got up at 4:00 am to get ready for the airport. Flight is at 6 am so Bhaiya (my brother) will drop me around 5 am. All was okay, check in was fine, I had to check in my one suitcase ($). Security line was long though. Every time I go through airport security I think of how much I detest the TSA and what hurdles they have done to American traveling. 

Flight to Chicago O'Hare was fine. I slept all the way. Within 30 mins of landing in Chicago, thunderstorms started. I got a text that flight was delayed and 15 mins later that flight was cancelled. I was panicking! All my trip was planned out. I got on the phone with United Airlines but even in 30 mins I was not getting through. There as mile long line at the UA customer service counter but I had to get in line. One UA agent came through and gave another number to call and that worked. They booked me on another flight on American Airlines, but when I checked later, that was also cancelled. I was still in line. I called back and the agent put me on another UA flight, from Chicago to Denver to Bozeman for today. 

I had pizza for lunch at the airport since I did not carry much food with me. The gate was changed 3 times and flight delayed twice again before it took off at 4:30 pm. Luckily I just made it on time in Denver for Bozeman flight. That flight was also delayed 30 mins, technical issue. Oh boy!! Flight otherwise was okay. I did not have a window seat but was next to one. It was so wonderful to see Bozeman from the window. It was around 9 pm and the sun was setting, it was just a magical sight. The lady next to me was nice to take a few pictures for me. 
I had to also call Priceline and Budget to make sure my car was still there as I knew all cars were booked out of Bozeman. The girl, Megan, at local office of Budget was nice to hold my car for me. I had to also call my hotel in Bozeman to make sure they keep my reservation. 

Flight got in around 9 pm. I got my car first. Megan was there and she rented me a Nissan Versa (red!). All was good. Now for the luggage. That came soon enough. Life is good again! Off to the hotel. All was okay except no elevator and they put me on 3rd floor! Who does not have elevators in this day and age! And that too hotels – people are bringing luggage. 

I ate some pizza from leftover lunch and promptly went to bed. I was exhausted.

No comments:

Post a Comment