Monday, September 30, 2024

Norway Fjords/Sweden - Day 15 - Stockholm 1

Today is my last day in Oslo. It's good. Part of me wishes I could have gone home from here today. But three more days in Stockholm! There is nothing much else in Sweden (for now) so better see Stockholm now since its barely a 5 hr train ride from Oslo.

It started easy going today, my kind of day. Breakfast was as usual...getting boring. I went to Normal to get my chips and mini toothpaste. I don't need anything else, oh - and got my little Normal bag as memento. The train is at 11:43 am so left hotel at 11 am. Train was on time but not as fast as I was expecting. We got in 10 mins late to Stockholm. The scenery was okay. Fall colors were a bit on display. I had gotten some spinach pastry and sweet stuff from Narvesan at the Oslo station. Both were really tasty. Funny thing is no one checked my ticket!

Stockholm was busy!! There is a huge mall right in front of the station. And when I took the left turn to get to my hotel (Queens Hotel), that is all an open mall. Saw a food mall on the way. There is just too much shopping stuff. I am walking through all this and thinking its all a waste of time and money! Walked and dragged my luggage for about 1 km to the hotel. They did not have my reservation. Had to call Silvia to get it set which she did. But there should never have been any problem to begin with. Anyway...all set. The room is okay, a single bed room. I find these a bit small but its okay. I'll survive! 

Went out to walk a bit. I did not want to walk towards Gamla Stan as I want to do that on Wednesday. Walked towards Hotorget, but things seem to be wrapping up. There is a lot of shopping going on in this area. 

Walked towards the Central station. Decided to go to the food place to eat something. Got some pasta. It was okay. I could not finish it so had to leave some. Not eating such heavy food again so late in the day. 

Decided to check out the subway station. Activated my 72 hr. train pass. The first time in the subway is always an adventure and Stockholm has many lines. I wanted to take the green one, but ended up on the blue one since it was there right as I was walking. I went up to Solara Centrum and took some pictures and then took the train back. Its good! I think I will be able to make it to Drottingham palace tomorrow.

That's it for my day today. Tomorrow should be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment