Sunday, September 15, 2024

Norway Fjords/Sweden - Travel Day - Reaching Oslo

Here we are ....ready to go to Norway! I have been equally nervous and excited about this trip. Nervous because its been a while since I traveled solo. Last time was 7 years ago to Vienna etc. Excited because I have wanted to go to Norway for so long!

Got ready for my flight at 11:40 am. I am all checked in and all flights were on time. The only thing I don't like about Delta or any other carrier for that matter is that they say you can take one carry on, but in reality the last boarding group (mine!!), never gets to take their carry on with them. I did pack a little bit with that in mind, but still forgot to keep my rain jacket, umbrella and extra socks with me. So....as expected, at NY - JFK airport, they made me check in my carry on. The layover in Amsterdam was going to be only one hour. I was nervous whether I will make my flight, forget about the luggage!! I ran and made the flight, luggage did not.

Flight from NY to Amsterdam was okay - I think I did get a couple hours of shut eye but not enough. There were many of us who had really short connection flights in Amsterdam. I don't know why the booking agencies would do this. We all rushed out of the plane, after lots of walking from F terminal to B terminal, I realized that we have to go through customs. At 6:25 am (for a 7 am) flight it seemed a bit tight. I told the security guy that I had a short connection. He led me to another immigration line which was for short connections. Within 5 mins the officer had stamped my passport and I was on the run for gate B34. Its like they deliberately have the two gates as far away from each other as possible. Amsterdam airport is really pretty. I wish I had more time to enjoy it.

I made it there 6:45 am. We were all loaded on bus and transported on another side of the airport to KLM City Hopper planes. It looked like a bus stand, except it was a plane stand! 

It was a small plane (2x2 seats). We were off by 7:01 am! Wow! on time. They even managed to give us an egg sandwich and tea during the 1 hour 45 min flight. It was cloudy and raining in Oslo, as expected. I went to the luggage carousel, but of course my luggage never made it. So went to SAS agents and reported it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment